Thursday, May 7, 2009

Why would an orthodontist blog?

I am writing this blog to help any of you that have heard that you or a family member requires braces or orthodontic treatment. I am an orthodontist in Rochester, NY and have been practicing for almost 20 years. In that time I have treated over 10 thousand patients and created not only beautiful smiles but happier more confident patients. Throughout these years, I have realized that orthodontic treatment can be overwhelming especially if it is your first time at the orthodontist. So my goal is to try and make sense of some of the more common problems and treatments that we see in our office and answer some of the most common questions that we hear from our patients and parents. I will address things such as early treatment, common malocclusions (bite problems), to extract teeth or not, retainers, and many other orthodontic issues. So keep checking back and hopefully I will be able to give you some extra information to help you make your orthodontic decisions easier. You can also visit our website for even more information at www.toothmover.com.